Monday, May 25, 2015

Cricut Explore: Vinyl!

My son joined me today to craft.  He is 23 years old.   We had a plan of making a coffee cup with penguins.  I had already designed a cup with penguins using a Cricut Design Space File.   He loved that image but wanted more.  He found an angry penguin image and converted it.  He is amazingly talented at figuring this out.  I still have a ways to go in learning how to do that.   This is what he designed and made.   


This is the angry penguin image my son found doing a google search.   He is using this for personal use.  We bought the cup at Big Lot's for less than $3.  This image has a few layers.  I taught him how to use the slice feature in order to get the detail in the wing.  Otherwise, we would have had to adhere that very thin slice of wing.  The white of the eye is a very small piece.  The beak is in two parts.  My son made it look so easy.   The Cricut Explore cut the vinyl so smoothly.   It was a breeze to cut.   



Here is the other side of the cup.  These penguin images are on Cricut Design Space.  Do a search for Penguin and it will show in the search.  This can be a tricky image in vinyl.  It is easy to lose the eyes.  We had to improvise.  #CricutEverywhere #CricutExplore #CricutVinyl

No comments: